- Throughout the flight, from the the time that you enter the basket until you exit, all passengers will be required to wear face coverings or masks that cover their mouth and nose.
- Please bring your own face covering or mask, and a small bottle of hand sanitiser (for your personal use before entering the basket or recovery vehicles).
- You must not attend a balloon flight if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have received a positive test result in the last 10 days. Similarly, if you are self-isolating, even if well, you cannot attend a balloon flight.
- If you present with a positive Covid-19 result within 5 days of your balloon flight with us, you must contact the NHS Test & Trace service and give them our contact details as found on this website.
- We already have your contact details on our customer database, and so we will use that information if required by the NHS Test & Trace program to notify you of any relevant Covid-19 incident.
You can see from the picture above that social-distancing is not possible in a balloon basket! As with all other commercial passenger aviation, balloon flights are exempt from the two-metre or one-metre-plus social distancing regulations. You need to be comfortable with this arrangement.
Likewise, the complimentary return transport that we provide from wherever we land, back to the launch site, is usually by Land Rover and so social-distancing is also impossible at this stage of the process. Of course, you are welcome to bring friends or family to see the balloon and they may wish to follow the progress of the flight in their own car and pick you up from wherever we land, thus saving you the journey back in our Land Rover where you would be seated next to other passengers in an enclosed environment.
As with much of life at present, we all live with the uncertainty of suddenly finding that we have been exposed to Covid-19. That being the case, we must be prepared for the possibility of our flight schedules being disrupted as a result of pilots or crew returning positive Covid-19 tests or having to self-isolate due to exposure to an infected passenger. If your flight is postponed as a result of such circumstances we will extend your flight vouchers in order to give you further opportunity to fly.
We can’t wait to see you all on the launch field, so please get your flight booked. Our office team remain partly on furlough, so please arrange your flight date through this website if possible by using the ‘Redeem Voucher’ link.
Hope to see you soon!
Page created: 16th May 2021.
Some pictures below, pre-Covid times, to give you some idea of the fun!